Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Do you use coupons when you eat out? Or is that too cheap?

Use 'em if ya got 'em. They wouldn't print them if they weren't meant to be used.Do you use coupons when you eat out? Or is that too cheap?
Course I do... That's what they're for, no? And when you're a poor student, every cent counts. Except when you're on a date. Parents understand. Of course unless they're your date's parents.Do you use coupons when you eat out? Or is that too cheap?
If I have a coupon for something on the menu that I truly like, I'll use it. I don't believe it's cheap to do so.
I wouldn't use one on the first several dates in a new relationship, however I like to get the entertainment guide every November and my friends and I use those coupons all the time! (more than just restaraunts) It's great though because we've eaten at places we'd never think to go...earlier this year I had the single best filet mignon I've ever had in going out to dinner with my brother, and I owe it all to the use of a good coupon.





Use them and enjoy some great dining.
If I get a coupon for a place I would use it. It is not cheap to use coupons. It just saves you more money.
If I've got a coupon I use it but Tip as if it was regular price.
Use a coupon every time you can. Coupons are promotions for the restaurants and they actually bring in more business. If you are traveling check for restaurant coupons at your hotel.
Use them all the time. You can often save enough to cover the tip
Why sure why not?! That's why they put them out there is for people to use.
i used to be a server and from that prospective and when i personally go out..yes it looks cheap and its an annoyance to your server!
Why not? Like someone else said, if the restaurant has a problem with that, they shouldn't participate in it. Nobody held a gun to their head. I let the waitperson know ahead of time that I will be using one and also that I am going to tip based on what the meal would be without it. I agree that its a bit tacky on a first date, but with a regular partner, programs like the Entertainment Book gives you a chance to dine out more often at better places. Also you may end up liking a place so much that you go back without a coupon and recommend it to others. Which is the whole idea in the first place. I've never had a waitperson give me any attitude about it.
yea.. if they didn't want you to use them they wouldn't print them!
Lordy, we don't eat out unless we have coupons. I guess we have the ';Clark Howard '; squeak!
Use them, by all means, but do be sure to tip on original price.


Want some good coupons? Try restaurant.com


Pay half price and get to try some good places
It's hit and miss for me, if I have one handy, I will use it.





My husband on the other hand...





He has an addiction to coupons. He used a coupon for our anniversary dinner. No joke. I do get nice jewellery once in a while so I guess I can't get on his case for saving money.
Use the coupon,but always tip on the original amount of the bill before discount.
I've never had a coupon when I eat out but I would use one if I had it! I like saving money. ;)
use them, cause your going to spend more anyway thinking your saving so much from the coupons.. (i.e. Acapulco, order more margaritas)
Go ahead and use them, unless you are on a first date or with people you hardly know.
Use the coupons. As someone else already stated, they are a form of advertisement. The restaurants want you to use them.





If you do use them, please remember to tip to the amount before the coupon. Remeber, the server still gave you the same service. Don't punish the server.

No comments:

Post a Comment